Tuesday, May 18, 2004

No Time - Summer Starts

I really have no time to do this. However, I have convinced myself that writing a little bit everyday will be good for me and keep my creative juices going. I just need to make sure that it doesn't detract from what I am really supposed to be doing this summer -- writing articles.

I have two articles that need to be sent out (and hopefully accepted) this summer if I am going to have a reasonable shot at earning tenure in two years. At my college the standard for getting tenure (although it is not specified anywhere in writing) seems to be 3-4 articles. I have two articles either out or accepted right now. Two more should be enough to put me over the hump.

I also have a couple of other projects that I would like to make some progress on this summer. I have a monograph idea/concept that I am gathering research for and another idea for a student's guide about history exhibits. Neither of these I plan on writing this summer, but I do need to get through some ILLs and other material to continue progress on them.

In addition, I have hanging over my head like a guillotine blade two book reviews and an encyclopedia article that are so overdue that I am embarrassed to think about it. I have until August to get this done. After that I must start prepping my classes for the fall semester.

No comments: