Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Revising an Article

I am at my in-laws home for the week and as far as getting any work done it has been a real struggle. Nevertheless, I started revising an article for a journal on rhetoric and public policy. The article is really more a history piece as opposed to piece on rhetoric, so I have a lot of work to do. So much in fact that I have been postponing working on it for ages. I submitted the article last summer, got the comments back in the fall and am just now starting to work on it. Pretty pathetic I know.What is particularly sad is how hard it is to get my brain turned on again once a semester ends. Do not get me wrong, I do think while teaching, but it is a different type of thinking. It is more like problem solving or analysis, rather than being creative and original. I wish there was a way to keep my creative side alive throughout the fall and spring.

No comments: