Saturday, June 03, 2006

Renaissance Fair

I went to my first Renaissance Festival today and had a good time, probably because I know very little about the Renaissance. I bought a snood (a 16th century hair net) - which I really like - although I have no idea where I'll ever be able to wear it. I got my picture taken with a big horse. And I ate that most favored food of King Henry VIII - the Calzone.

I have decided, however, that most of the people who attend these fairs aren't THAT interested in history, but instead like having an excuse to dress up without being thought of as a freak at other times of the year than Halloween.

2 comments:

Katrina Ray-Saulis said...

Just like people who visit Salem Mass have less interest in the history and more interest in the opportunity to wear all black and call themselves witches...

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Salem, but I'm sure you are probably correct. I wonder how many people who go there (or a Renaissance Fair) could even put the events in the right century.