I got tagged for the 8 Random Facts Meme by David Parker over at Another History Blog. Here are the rules:
- Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
- Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
2. I'm very proud of my writing, but it takes me forever to write something decent. It takes even longer if it has to be decent and original/insightful.
3. I've never had a crush on any of my professors or students. I'm much more of a 'crush on my peers' sort of gal.
4. When I told my dad I wanted to go to graduate school in history, I got several lectures on 'how so-and-so was a Ph.D. bagging groceries' and 'why couldn't I get a good job with 4 years of college'.
5. I'm a sucker for students with a hard-luck tale (as long as there aren't repetitive hard-luck tales).
6. I believe that most of the people I work with are smarter than me. I just work hard.
7. I've never owned a brand new car and am proud of it.
8. I don't understand why so many academic historians look down on public history, historical reenactors, genealogists, etc. Isn't there room for all different types of history lovers in the world?
I'm tagging the following five people (if they haven't already been tagged) - I'm suppose to tag 8, but it's the summer and I'm lazy. Tim Lacy, Another Damned Medievalist, Jennie W, Progressive Historians, and Nerdgasms.