- Abraham Lincoln responded to John Brown's actions by writing the Emancipation Proclamation.
- In the North two very important commodities were beer and slaves. Without these two commodities the North's economy would have a tough time getting by.
- There were many great abolitionists such as Martin Luther King, Jr., Fredrick Douglass, and Ulysses S. Grant.
- The Brook Farm experiment proved to be ineffective because people died from not having sexual pleasure.
- The Shriners did not believe in procreation.
- It was safer to face an angry Southerner than an angry lion.
- The only lasting impact of the Oneidas was their silverware. I myself have a rubber Oneida spatula purchased five years ago at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
- Actually none of this is probably true. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Lost AP Gems
I was going through my notes from grading the AP U.S. history exam and found these last few gems that I wanted to share. The question I was grading had to do with the impact of the Second Great Awakening on temperance, abolition, Utopian communities, and the cult of domesticity.